The intersection of SE 8th St and SE 1st Ave will be closed for more than three weeks to reduce flooding.
Due to construction for the City of Ocala’s Drainage Rehabilitation Improvement Program, at the intersection of SE Eighth Street and SE First Avenue will be closed beginning Thursday, Sept. 5. Construction is expected to be completed by Sept. 27. This project will reduce flooding throughout the area.
All necessary devices will be in place to redirect traffic. Construction will take place Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. During construction times, travelers may experience delays, noise, dust and heavy equipment within the project area.
- Traffic heading east bound on SW 10th Street will be detoured onto the exit road to utilize South Magnolia.
- Traffic heading east on SW Eighth Street will be detoured to the south on Magnolia Avenue to SE Magnolia Avenue Ext., detour north on SE Third Avenue back to SE Eighth Street.
- Traffic heading north on Magnolia Extension will be detoured west onto SW 12th Street, detour north on SW First Avenue to detour east on SW Fifth Avenue and head east to detour north SE First Avenue.
- Traffic heading west on SE Eighth Street will be detoured north on SE Third Avenue to SE Fifth Street, traffic will be detoured west on SE Fifth Street to South Magnolia Avenue detour south to SW Eighth Street.
- Road will be closed to trucks over 10 tons.
For more information, please contact the City Engineer’s Office, Capital Projects Division at 352-629-8419.
(The original and updated release, distributed Tuesday, Sept. 4 is below for reference)