Marion County commissioners approved a special use permit Tuesday afternoon that will allow for office/warehouse storage use on a three-acre site off S Baseline Road.
The property, located about 350 feet north of the Belleview city limits, is zoned Community Business and was most recently used by Spring Crest Drapery & Blinds. It is surrounded by area properties that are zoned for conditional heavy business, community business, general agriculture and agriculture.
Commissioners agreed that the property’s owner, James I. Rainey, of Heather Island LLC, could receive the special use permit with conditions that include:
- All storage and display will be inside the warehouse, with no outside display of materials or equipment other than service vehicles.
- Access will be an existing commercial driveway.
- A 6-foot-high buffer wall will be provided where the property abuts residential/agricultural zoning to the east.
- Any security lighting will be shielded to prevent casting direct light onto adjacent properties.
- The special use permit will expire on Sept. 17, 2024 but can be renewed administratively for up to five years with approval by the county’s growth services director.