Ocklawaha man admits to biting woman during nasty spat

Nathaniel Boone Harris

An Ocklawaha man was jailed for allegedly biting a woman’s finger and leg during a nasty domestic spat, and then running away from the deputies who were arresting him.

Nathaniel Boone Harris, 29, was charged early Wednesday with simple domestic battery and resisting an officer without violence.

The victim’s neighbor told a Marion County sheriff’s deputy that she came to his residence a few days earlier, bleeding profusely and saying that Harris had battered her and bit her finger. The neighbor said he also observed a prominent bruise on the victim’s right arm, according to the sheriff’s office report.

Contacted at her residence, the victim told the deputy that Harris gave her a ride to the incident location from his mother’s house, and they got into an argument in the driveway. She said that during the argument, Harris came around from the driver’s side to the passenger seat and didn’t want her to get out of the pickup truck, the report said.

The victim said she and Harris started wrestling and he bit her finger and leg during the altercation. The deputy observed a deep cut on the victim’s left ring finger and an apparent bite mark near the top of her left leg. The victim also showed a large, dark bruise on the inside of her forearm that she said happened during a prior incident, according to the report.

The deputy found Harris at a friend’s home. He said the victim battered him first while they were driving from his mom’s residence to the incident location. Harris admitted to biting her finger, but only after she had battered him, the report said.

Harris explained that once he and the victim were in the driveway, he “probably” bit her on the leg. When asked how that was in self-defense, Harris became confused and said he and the victim were both high on methamphetamine and that he couldn’t recall exactly how the incident unfolded, according to the report.

While he was being arrested, Harris pushed himself away from the patrol car and fled. He ran for several blocks before tripping and falling, the report said. Harris was detained and taken to the Marion County Jail, where he was released Thursday on his own recognizance. He’s due to appear in Marion County Court on Dec. 3.