Ocala Fire Rescue stations will serve as food, toiletries and toy collection sites for various local charities including Interfaith, Salvation Army and Brother’s Keeper – through the Bring the Harvest Home campaign, Pay It Forward Ministries and Toys for Tots.
All seven OFR stations have been outfitted with drop boxes for the items that will go to less fortunate families in the community. Donations are being accepted through Thursday, Dec. 5th.
Drop-off locations are:
- Station #1 – 320 NE 8th Ave.
- Station #2 – 2701 SE 36th Ave.
- Station #3 – 737 SW Martin Luther King Jr.
- Station #4 – 3300 SW 20th St.
- Station #5 – 2340 NE 25th Ave.
- Station #6 – 5220 SW 50th Ct.
Station #7 – 885 SE 31st St.
Needed items include:
- Dry foods and goods (i.e. rice, pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, crackers, peanut butter, and jelly)
- Canned meats (i.e. corned beef, corned beef hash, ham, and tuna)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Baby items (i.e. baby cereal, diapers, and lotion)
- Toiletries (i.e. soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, and toilet paper)
- New/unused toys.