Ocala Fire Rescue is urging motorists to drive cautiously during the Memorial Day holiday and beyond.
As self-isolation and quarantine practices have begun to dissipate, motorists have been returning to the road – many bringing with them ill traffic habits. After witnessing an increase in motor vehicle accidents last week, ranging from rollovers to broadside collisions requiring patient extrication, Ocala Fire Rescue officials are encouraging motors to keep the following driving tips in mind:
- Buckle up;
- Slow down and obey speed limits;
- Keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and mind focused on the drive;
- Put cell phones down and away from your reach;
- Stay alert – if you’re tired, pull over to rest; and
- Remember, you are sharing the road, so watch for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians before altering your course.