The parent company of Ocala Health has been recognized by Military Times as one of the country’s best employers.
The prestigious designation for HCA Healthcare is based on the organization’s military-connected employment programs, benefits and support efforts. Since 2012, HCA Healthcare has hired more than 39,000 veterans, active-duty personnel and military spouses.
“HCA Healthcare has a strong and longstanding connection to the U.S. armed forces, military veterans and their families,” said Sam Hazen, chief executive officer of HCA Healthcare. “We are honored to be recognized for our commitment to supporting them, and we are immensely thankful to those that have chosen to serve our country, and now serve our patients in communities across the nation.”
The Military Times’ Best for Vets: Employers ranking is a highly-respected analysis of efforts to connect with veterans and provide an environment for success. The rankings are based on a voluntary survey that included questions on companies’ policies and practices related to veteran recruitment and retention, support for translation of military skills to civilian credentials, support for military spouse employment and accommodations for members of the National Guard and reserves.
The designation recognizes the work HCA Healthcare is doing to support and employ veterans and their families, including:
- Launching an internal mentoring program for veterans and military spouses, which has been successful in helping recently transitioned veterans navigate the civilian workforce.
- Offering military leave and supplemental pay to eligible colleagues and supporting those who want to continue to serve as active duty military while working at the company.
- Partnering with the U.S. Army Medical Recruiting Brigade to create the Patriot Partnership Program, allowing the Army to provide specialized training for residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Serving on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Veteran Employment and Military Spouse Employment Councils.
- Working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation on the “Hiring 100,000 Military Spouses” campaign to help military spouses seeking meaningful 21st-century career opportunities.
Ocala Health employees more than 107 veterans in the local community.
“It is truly an honor to work with individuals who have served our country and are now committed to serving our community through their various roles at Ocala Health,” said Lauren Debick, director of public relations and communications for Ocala Health.