The City of Ocala has announced plans for a summer youth employment program titled Ocala Future Leaders Academy 2021.
The program is designed to create on-the job-training in preparation for future roles within the organization. It is open to all Ocala residents ages 16-19 and a total of 25 applicants will be chosen to participate in this year’s academy.
Training seminars will focus on personal and professional growth, financial literacy and technical job skills and certification. Each student will be assigned a mentor to assist with learning job assignments, improving interpersonal skills and enhancing self-confidence.
This is a paid program and participants are expected to work 20-25 hours per week. Transportation assistance will be provided to students in the form of a SunTran bus pass, valid only for the program period.
- Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 26;
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed via Zoom in April;
- Selected applicants will be notified in May;
- Paid training will take place June 1-11;
- Department work assignments will take place June 14 to July 23; and
- The hourly rate is $10.
Applications may be submitted online in the employment section of the City of Ocala’s website. For more information, contact the City of Ocala Human Resources Department at (352) 629-8359.