Marion County has drastically changed its protocols for media members who are covering Board of County Commissioners meetings and any related events.
Effective Tuesday, the following changes were put in place:
- All media will need to coordinate with Marion County public relations prior to attendance of or coverage of any meetings.
- All media will check in at the front desk of the Administration building, and a representative of public relations will escort media members to their desired location.
- No interviews of county commissioners or staff will be allowed prior to or following any meetings without prior coordination with Marion County public relations. Interviews with the general public are permitted, and may take place outside of the auditorium, out of the way of other guests and preferably outside of the Administration building, assuming those individuals agree to media interviews.
- Media members wishing to record any portion of the meeting will need to arrive and be fully set up prior to the beginning of any meeting.
- Media equipment may be set up behind the dais prior to the beginning of any meeting, but no media personnel will be allowed behind the dais once the meeting has begun and until the meeting has recessed or adjourned.
- Unless previously coordinated with Marion County public relations, no media will be allowed beyond areas otherwise accessible to the general public – including areas beyond the commission auditorium curtains and behind the dais.