The First Friday Art Walk will take place in downtown Ocala on Friday, May 7, from 6 to 9 p.m.
The popular event occurs on the first Friday of each month, September through May. The following activities will be included in May’s event:
- Hands-on art activities and demonstrations for all ages provided by local non-profit arts and cultural organizations, local artists selling their works throughout downtown and participating businesses with extended hours;
- 22 artists throughout the downtown area, including My Uncle’s Friend playing ambient music;
- Six art organization booths will be located around the downtown square; and
- Live musical performance on the square by The Allens.
Hands-on art activities, which are provided by the participating community arts organizations, will be a one-use, make-and-take item. Sanitation protocols will be in place at each art station, and each activity provided will be health and safety conscious.
The City of Ocala has taken the following safety measures and precautions due to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Implementation of a sanitizing station at the Information Booth (Downtown Square);
- Digital Art Walk map available by QR code;
- Artist and organization locations will be properly social distanced; and
- Provide signage to communicate safety measures throughout downtown.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings, maintain social distancing of six feet, frequently sanitize their hands and utilize cashless transactions where applicable.
Participating artists and organizations will be encouraged to wear face coverings, sanitize their booth frequently, provide hand sanitizer, provide cashless transactions (i.e. Venmo, Square, etc.), and practice social distancing at their booths.
In the event of inclement weather, the First Friday Art Walk will move to the Ocala Downtown Market, 310 SE Third St. For more information, contact the City of Ocala Cultural Arts Department at (352) 629-8447 or [email protected]; or visit www.ocalafl.org/artwalk.