The Marion County Public Schools received five national honors for its public relations efforts during the last school year.
Two of these honors spotlight a district-created video educating parents about “Netiquette,” or online etiquette during virtual school-day settings.
The National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) awarded the honors during its annual Communication Awards program. Marion County Public Schools earned:
- Golden Achievement Award– Netiquette Video
- Award of Excellence– 2020-2021 Annual School Calendar
- Award of Merit– Netiquette Video (produced in-house)
- Honorable Mention– Veterans Day 2020 video (produced in-house)
- Honorable Mention– FASTfacts (external audience newsletter)
MCPS is one of 84 districts nationwide and just four in Florida this year to win a Golden Achievement Award, the second-highest honor possible from NSPRA.
This year’s NSPRA Awards competition included 856 entries from the country’s 13,800 school districts.