Ocala Fire Rescue stations are serving as collection sites for donations that benefit local charities during the holidays.
From now until Friday, December 10, OFR stations throughout the city are accepting donations of food, toiletries, baby items, and toys.
The list of acceptable donation items includes:
- Canned items (meats, fruits, vegetables, and soup).
- Dry goods (pasta, rice, dried beans, and cereal).
- Non-perishables (fruit cups, juice boxes, peanut butter, and crackers).
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrushes).
- Baby items (baby food, diapers, and wipes).
- Toys (new, unwrapped, and in the original packaging).
Donations can be dropped off at any of the following OFR stations:
- Station 1 (505 NW MLK Jr. Avenue)
- Station 2 (2701 SE 36th Avenue)
- Station 3 (320 NE Eighth Avenue)
- Station 4 (3300 SW 20th Street)
- Station 5 (2340 NE 25th Avenue)
- Station 6 (5220 SW 50th Court)
- Station 7 (885 SE 31st Street)
For more information on this holiday donation drive, please call Ocala Fire Rescue’s administration office at 352-629-8306.