As the city gears up for this weekend’s popular Light Up Ocala event, numerous road closures and detours will be in effect in the downtown Ocala area.
The following roads will be closed on Saturday, November 20, from 8 a.m. to midnight:
- NE/NW 2nd Street (from NE Watula Avenue to NW 1st Avenue).
- NE/NW 1st Street (from NE Watula Avenue to NW 1st Avenue).
- SE/SW Broadway Street (from SE Watula Avenue to SW 1st Avenue).
- SE/SW Fort King Street (from SE Watula Avenue to SW 1st Avenue).
- SW/SE 2nd Street (from SW 1st Avenue to SE Osceola Avenue).
- N/S Magnolia Avenue (from NE/NW 3rd Street to SE/SW 3rd Street).
- SE/NE 1st Avenue (from SE 3rd Street to NE 3rd Street).
- NE/SE Osceola Avenue (from NE 3rd Street to SE Fort King Street).
- SE 3rd Street (from S Magnolia Avenue to SE Watula Avenue).
On Saturday, November 20, from 12 p.m. to midnight, State Road 40 from NE 8th Avenue to N Pine Avenue (U.S. Highway 441) will also be closed.
When heading to the event, drivers should use the following detours:
- SR 40: N Pine Avenue to NW/NE 14th Street (State Road 492) to NE 8th Avenue, back to State Road 40.
- NE/NW 2nd Street: NE Watula Avenue to NE/NW 3rd Street and to NW 1st Avenue.
- NE/NW 1st Street: NE Watula Avenue to NE/NW 3rd Street and to NW 1st Avenue.
- SE/SW Broadway Street: SE/NE Watula Avenue to NE/NW 3rd Street to NW/SW 1st Avenue, back to SW Broadway Street.
- SE/SW Fort King Street: SE/NE Watula Avenue to NE/NW 3rd Street to NW/SW 1st Avenue, back to SW Fort King Street.
- SW/SE 2nd Street: SW 1st Avenue to SW 5th Street to SE Watula Avenue.
- N/S Magnolia Avenue (southbound): NW 3rd Street to NW/SW 1st Avenue to SW 3rd Street, back to S Magnolia Avenue.
- SE/NE 1st Avenue (northbound): SE 5th Street to SE/NE Watula Avenue to NE 3rd Street, back to NE 1st Avenue.
- NE Osceola Avenue: NE/NW 3rd Street to NW/SW 1st Avenue to SW 5th Street, back to SE Osceola Avenue.
- SE Osceola Avenue: SE 5th Street to Watula Avenue to NE/NW 3rd Street, back to Osceola Avenue.
Due to the road closures and limited parking availability in the downtown area, city staff is recommending that visitors utilize the event’s free shuttle service.
A shuttle service will pick up visitors at the Marion Technical Institute parking lot (1614 SE Fort King Street) and will drop them off at the intersection of SE Osceola Avenue and SE 3rd Street.
This shuttle will run approximately every 20 minutes from 3:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The previously announced shuttle at the Ocala Skate Park parking lot will no longer be available.
Handicap and ADA parking will be available at the downtown parking garage located at the corner of E Fort King Street and SE Osceola Avenue.
This garage will be restricted to handicap/ADA parking and Hilton Garden Inn guests only. Any hotel guests using this garage will need to show confirmation of their stay.
For more information, visit the Ocala Recreation and Parks Light Up Ocala website.