The 65th annual Ocala Christmas Parade marched through the city streets this past weekend.
On Saturday, December 11 at 5:30 p.m., nearly 100 parade units began the festivities at the intersection of SE 25th Avenue and E Fort King Street at 5:30 p.m.
Those units included floats, marching bands, dance troupes, motorcycle units, baton-twirling groups, equine entries, and more.
The parade moved north before turning onto E Silver Springs Boulevard. After heading 1.6 miles to NE 8th Avenue, the parade participants turned north onto 8th Avenue and ended at NE 3rd Street, just before Tuscawilla Park.
Check out the following, brief video recap of the parade:
Following the parade, the 2021 winners were announced for the following categories:
- Youth Built: 1. SCOUTS BSA Troop 18; 2. MTC.
- Commercial: 1. Tangley Tailes; 2. Tillman Engineering; 3. Loco Graphics.
- Non-Profit: 1. Fernidina Pirate Club; 2. Champions 4 Champions; 3. Pop Warner Ravens.
- Large Band: 1. Lake Weir High; 2. Howard Middle; 3. Forest/Osceola.
- Small Band: 1. Westport High; 2. Trinity Catholic; 3. Lake Weir Middle.
- Motor Units: 1. Ocala Slingers; 2. Main Street Bank; 3. LOCO Graphics.
- Marching Units: Westport ROTC; 2. Belleview High ROTC; 3. Forest High ROTC.
Below are some pictures that were captured during this year’s event:
Do you have any pictures or video from the parade that you’d like to share with us? Share your photos and videos by visiting our Contact Us page.