The Discovery Center’s Spring classes are right around the corner and registration is still open.
Children ages 2 and up are welcome to attend the ten-week science classes that meet on a weekly basis from January through April at the center (701 NE Sanchez Avenue) beginning on Tuesday, January 18.
The available classes cover a range of scientific topics including:
- Create Scientists (ages 2 to 4): a hands-on class full of experiments, crafts, games, and animals.
- Kids STEM (ages 5 to 7): each child conducts experiments and builds, with a new STEM challenge offered each week of the class.
- Junior Zookeepers (ages 7 to 9): participants get to meet the center’s many reptiles.
- Junior Robotics (ages 7 to 9): children learn the basics of programming, robotics, and simple machines.
- LEGO Robotics (ages 10 and up): participants learn how to build and program with Lego EV3-Mindstorms.
- Strange Science (ages 8 to 12): each child gets to explore chemistry, magnetism, and strange scientific anomalies.
Registration is open through Saturday, January 15, and space is limited. The ten-week classes cost $140 for Discovery Center members and $160 for non-members.
For more information, or to register for a class, visit the Discovery Center science classes website.