Marion County Public Schools is accepting applications for the inaugural class of its MCPS Leadership program.
Leadership MCPS is a new district program consisting of eight monthly sessions that provide community members with a behind-the-scenes look at how Marion County’s classrooms operate.
According to MCPS, the sessions will be held at different school facilities each month and will cover the following topics:
- How the students are taught and how they learn.
- School Choice.
- Creating a safe and positive environment for learning and working.
- Exceptional Student Education.
- Transporting and feeding tens of thousands of students each day.
- How business partners and volunteers help meet the school district’s critical needs.
Applications are available on the Leadership MCPS website, and the completed applications should be emailed to Director of Community Engagement Lauren Debick ([email protected]) by no later than Monday, January 31.
MCPS employees are not eligible for the program.
Those who are accepted into the program will receive confirmation by early February, and the first session will be held on Friday, February 25.
There is a one-time $250 enrollment fee for all program participants, and this fee covers expenses including breakfast and lunch during the session dates.
For more information, call Lauren Debick at 352-671-7759.