The Marion County School Board approved eight donations during its regular meeting on Tuesday.
The cash and tangible donations totaled $16,180 and will benefit the following schools:
- $2,500 to Anthony Elementary School (9501 NE Jacksonville Road in Anthony) to be used at the principal’s discretion.
- $1,000 to Dunnellon Middle School (21005 Chestnut Street in Dunnellon) to fund an extracurricular club (“Fitness and Nutrition in Schools – FANS” Club ) that promotes health and fitness on the school campus.
- $3,100 to Forest High School (5000 SE Maricamp Road in Ocala) to supplement the softball program.
- 360 bags of popcorn valued at $3,780 to Hammett Bowen Elementary School (4397 SW 95th Street in Ocala) to be given to faculty and staff.
- $1,300 to Howard Middle School (1655 NW 10th Street in Ocala) to be used for new band music and instruments.
- $2,500 to Reddick-Collier Elementary School (4595 W Highway 316 in Reddick) to be used at the principal’s discretion.
- $1,000 to Reddick-Collier Elementary School (4595 W Highway 316 in Reddick) to benefit staff and students.
- $1,000 to Vanguard High School (7 NW 28th Street in Ocala) to asset in IB Valedictorian recognition at graduation.
After the donations were read during the meeting, board member Nancy Thrower thanked the community and supporters for their ongoing contributions toward the school board’s mission of “doing everything we can to make each and every student succeed.”