Professional visual artists can now apply for a spot on the City of Ocala’s Public Art Roster.
The city’s Cultural Arts and Sciences Division is currently accepting applications from artists who wish to join a pre-qualified list that serves as a resource for public art selection or commission for art projects.
According to a media release from the city, this roster of professional artists may be used in combination with an open call, invitational, or as the sole resource for identifying artists and teams for select projects based on a need for a specific skill set or curated opportunity.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a professional visual artist or artist team consisting of up to five artists.
- Team members may not apply as individual artists and work must be submitted as a group portfolio.
- Must reside in the United States, or have the legal ability to work in the United States.
- Public artwork should be well suited for public spaces and general audiences.
- Individual and artist teams must have experience creating public art in one of the categories listed on the City of Ocala Public Art Roster webpage.
The applicants must be willing to work with a diverse group of project managers, stakeholders, and professional conservators during the design and approval process, according to the city.
Each artist will be expected to travel to the project site and work within a fixed budget, work with committees, and occasionally work with other artists on the same project.
Teams and individuals who are selected will be registered as a city vendor and will enter into a contract with the city.
All applications are reviewed by the Ocala Municipal Arts Commission. There is no application fee and artists have until Friday, March 25 to submit an application.
Artists who were previously selected for the art roster can update their portfolio materials each year during the application period, and they will automatically remain on the list.
For more information, or to submit an application, visit the City of Ocala Public Art Roster webpage.