The Senior Walking Club is returning this week to take residents on tours of various parks across the city of Ocala.
The Ocala Recreation and Parks Department is inviting adults over the age of 50 to join the walking club. Participants will meet at 8 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at a different park for general exercise and socializing.
Throughout the year, the group will visit the following locations in Ocala:
- Tuesday, May 3: World Equestrian Center (1750 NW 80th Avenue).
- Tuesday, June 7: Silver River State Park (5656 E Silver Springs Boulevard).
- Tuesday, July 5: Paddock Mall (3100 SW College Road).
- Tuesday, August 2: Appleton Museum of Art (4333 E Silver Springs Boulevard).
- Tuesday, September 6: Fort King National Historic Landmark (3925 E Fort King Street).
- Tuesday, October 4: Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park (595 SW Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue).
- Tuesday, November 1: Tuscawilla Park (800 NE Sanchez Avenue).
- Tuesday, December 6: Jervey Gantt Park (2200 SE 36th Avenue).
There is a $10 annual cost per person to participate, and transportation is not provided.
For more information, or to register, visit the City of Ocala’s Senior Walking Club webpage.