In an effort to increase community input and participation, the Marion County School Board will be holding its second meeting of the month at 9 a.m. through September 2022.
The school board meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, and the first monthly meeting will remain at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are held in the Browne Greaton Cole Auditorium at Marion Technical Institute (MTI), which is located at 1614 E Fort King Street in Ocala.
School board members discussed the four-month pilot project for several weeks and formally approved the change at their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 10.
The Marion County School Board’s updated meeting schedule will be as follows:
- Tuesday, June 28 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 12 at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 21 at 11:30 a.m. (Special Budget Meeting)
- Tuesday, July 26 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 2 at 5 p.m. (Special Budget Meeting)
- Tuesday, August 9 at 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 23 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, September 9 at 5:15 p.m. (Special Budget Meeting)
- Tuesday, September 13 at 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27 at 9 a.m.
Marion County School Board work sessions, which are held on alternating Thursdays at 9 a.m. in the same MTI location, will not be impacted by this project.