Recent cash and tangible donations to multiple public schools will be presented to Marion County School Board members for acceptance and approval this week.
With approval from the school board members during their upcoming meeting on Tuesday, June 14, the various donations totaling $24,424 will benefit the following schools:
- $3,215 to Belleview High School (10400 SE 36th Avenue in Belleview) to be used for the BHS Robotics Program by purchasing Arduino Class kits, expansion kits, engineering kits, and Arduino electronics for robots.
- $1,000 to Belleview High School to be used to purchase FFA supplies, materials, and to help with summer leadership conference expenses.
- $1,000 to Karen Bird, Environmental Educator of the Year at Dunnellon Elementary School (10235 SW 180th Avenue Road in Dunnellon), to be used to purchase items for her classroom(s).
- $7,700 to Madison Street Academy of Visual and Performing Arts (401 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue in Ocala) to be used as follows: $2,500 to purchase a golf cart, $2,000 to benefit the computer lab at the teacher’s discretion, $2,000 to benefit the video production lab at the teacher’s discretion, and $1,200 to construct a light lab for the drama department.
- $3,509 to Dr. N.H. Jones Elementary School (1900 SW 5th Street in Ocala) to be placed into an account to be used for library materials, student needs, teacher needs, and incentives.
- $6,000 to Oakcrest Elementary School (1112 NE 28th Street in Ocala) to be used to purchase items for the school needs of students and staff.
- Crayola art supplies valued at $1,000 to Sparr Elementary School (2525 E Highway 329 in Anthony) to be used to enhance student art at the school. Mrs. Flores participated in the Crayola Art Teacher Equity Study and was selected as one of five winners to receive the Crayola products.
- $1,000 to West Port High School (3733 SW 80th Avenue in Ocala) to be used to pay for HOSA International Leadership Conference expenses, including registration fees, hotel rooms, and flights.
The Marion County School Board meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the School Board Meeting Room located at 512 SE 3rd Street in Ocala.