The City of Ocala Cultural Arts Division will restart its popular First Friday Art Walk on Friday, October 7, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., in downtown Ocala.
The following activities will be included in October’s event:
- Hands-on art activities and demonstrations for all ages provided by local nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.
- Local artists selling their works throughout Downtown.
- Extended hours at participating businesses.
- Buskers stationed throughout the downtown area, including My Uncle’s Friend and Sean T Music.
- A live musical performance from Fareeza on the Downtown Square.
In the event of inclement weather, the First Friday Art Walk will be canceled.
Downtown Ocala will host an art walk event on the first Friday of each month, beginning in October 2022 and running through May 2023. These events are free and open to the public.
While the deadline has already passed to participate in October’s art walk, there is still time for local artists, organizations, and businesses to submit an application to the First Friday Art Walk Steering Committee for any of the remaining art walks that are scheduled through May 2023.
To be eligible to participate in November’s art walk, all applications must be submitted by no later than Saturday, October 1. Anyone interested in participating can click here to view the application.