The City of Ocala has announced that nightly closures are planned at the Ocala International Airport due to scheduled runway maintenance.
Runway 18-36 at the airport will be closed nightly, from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m., on the following dates:
- 8 p.m. on Tuesday, October 25 through 7 a.m. on Wednesday, October 26.
- 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26 through 7 a.m. on Thursday, October 27.
- 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 27 through 7 a.m. on Friday, October 28.
- 8 p.m. on Friday, October 28 through 7 a.m. on Saturday, October 29.
- 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 through 7 a.m. on Sunday, October 30.
- 8 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 through 7 a.m. on Monday, October 31.
- 8 p.m. on Monday, October 31 through 7 a.m. on Tuesday, November 1.
During this time, the Crosswind Runway, runway 8-26, will be closed nightly beginning on Tuesday, October 25 through Tuesday, November 1.
Aircrews are advised to plan accordingly to accommodate these critical airport infrastructure improvements.
During these nightly closures, the airport will be closed to all fixed-winged aircraft, and there will be no runway or taxiway lights. Rotary wing (helicopter) operations will be permitted away from construction areas.
Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) will be published on the FAA NOTAM website to publicize the closure to aircrews.
For more information, visit the Ocala International Airport webpage or contact the airport at 352-572-0492.