TEDxOcala will return to the College of Central Florida this weekend for its 8th annual installment.
The event will take place on Saturday, November 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the College of Central Florida’s Fine Arts Auditorium, which is located at 3001 SW College Road in Ocala.
The theme of this year’s event is “The POWER Of…,” and the following speakers are scheduled to take the stage:
- Daniel Gentry (Life Architect / Speaker / Coach): He is the Chief Life Architect at Third Power Performance, a company focused on helping high achievers maximize their potential while maintaining life balance.
- Elgin Carelock (Business Strategist / Relationship Builder / Educator): He is the CEO of re-View Business Strategies, and he specializes in helping clients develop long-term growth and sustainability.
- Elizabeth Judith (Courage Coach): She is a courage coach, public speaker, actor, and the creator of the ‘loving discipline method.’
- Dr. India White (Speaking and Leadership Coach / Author): She is a motivational speaker, life coach, author, national educational consultant, entrepreneur, mentor, and licensed minister.
- Ingrid Harb (DEI Leader / Entrepreneur / Community Builder): She is an international speaker and founder of two globally recognized organizations (the Women Ambassadors Forum and NOTA Inclusion).
- J Flow (Metaverse Enthusiast): He is a metaverse creator, and his journey includes identifying early trends as an entrepreneur, real estate investor, and futurist.
- Joy Zedler (Nonprofit Founder / Hope Dealer): She is the founder and executive director of The Pearl Project, a nonprofit that educates, encourages, and equips families (foster, adoptive, and kinship) and the professionals who serve them.
- Kinga Mnich (Mindset Strategist / Community Connector): She is an award-winning international social psychologist, educator, and speaker who specializes in emotions, positive psychology, biohacking, and gender.
- Linell King (Functional Medicine Physician): He is an internal medicine physician who has treated thousands of patients suffering from diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and other life-threatening diseases.
- Mary Kingston Roche (Educator / Advocate / Entrepreneur): She is a mother, educator, advocate, entrepreneur, and lifelong learner who has served as an advocate for children over the last 12 years.
- Michael Caruso (Speaking Coach / International Keynoter / Leo): He utilizes his background in the technology sector and entertainment business to teach others how to become better speakers and presenters.
- Nazma Khan (Empowerment Leader / Social Activist / Trailblazer): After growing up in New York City as a Muslim immigrant and facing constant discrimination due to her hijab (head covering), she started a global movement (World Hijab Day) in 2013 to fight discrimination, bigotry, and prejudice against women in hijab.
- Renee Williams (Master Instructor / CEO / Teacher): After training in Tang Soo Doo, she opened a martial arts school and has studied child development, personal growth, psychology, and wellness in order to create the best program possible for the students at the school.
- Sonal Patel (Physician / Healthcare Innovator / Author): She is a board-certified pediatrician, neonatologist, and breastfeeding specialist who founded NayaCare: Newborn Speciality Clinic at Your Doorstep in 2017.
- Wesam Shahed (Prosecutor / Civil Rights Advocate): He is a first-generation Palestinian-American who serves as an Assistant State’s Attorney at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, the second-largest prosecutor’s office in the United States.
- Zach West (Attorney): He is a personal injury lawyer from Gainesville who helps those who have been hurt by the carelessness of others.
Tickets to the event are still available and range from $25 to $70. Each ticket includes lunch and a snack, and parking is also complimentary.
TEDxOcala is an independently run organization that is licensed by TED, the popular nonprofit organization known for its short talks on a wide range of topics including science, business, and global issues, among others.
For more information about the organization, or to purchase tickets for this Saturday’s event, visit the TEDxOcala website.