An upcoming play at the Ocala Civic Theatre will transport audiences to a Manhattan apartment on Christmas Eve in 1956.
‘Coming Back Like a Song’ is based on the real-life bond between three legendary composers: Irving Berlin, Harold Arlen, and Jimmy Van Heusen. Inside an elegant apartment on Christmas Eve, these songwriters will gather around the piano as they share many martinis, as well as their hopes, dreams, and concerns about the future of music with rock ‘n roll right around the corner, according to Ocala Civic Theatre.
The performances will kick off at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 1 at the Ocala Civic Theatre, which is located at 4337 E Silver Springs Boulevard. Additional performances will also be held on the following dates:
- Friday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 11 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 15 at 7:30 p.m. (American Sign Language Performance – contact the box office to reserve an ASL area if needed).
- Friday, December 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18 at 2 p.m.
Tickets cost $30 for adults (ages 19 and older) and $15 for ages 18 and younger. Ocala Civic Theatre states that the show is not suggested for children due to the use of “rather colorful language.”
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit the Ocala Civic Theatre’s website.