The Ocala Civic Theatre is ready to entertain audiences with a dramatic comedy set in Ocala during World War II.
“Into the Breeches” tells the story of a plucky theatrical troupe of women who are determined to put on a production of Shakespeare’s Henry IV and V, even though all the men are overseas, according to the Ocala Civic Theatre.
Over a dozen performances will be held at the Ocala Civic Theatre (4337 E Silver Springs Boulevard) on the following dates:
- Friday, January 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 22 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, February 2 at 7:30 p.m. (American Sign Language Performance – contact the box office to reserve an ASL area if needed).
- Friday, February 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 4 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 5 at 2 p.m.
Tickets cost $30 for adults (ages 19 and older) and $15 for anyone ages 18 and younger. Discounted tickets (two for $42) are also available on select nights for educators, women, and veterans. To learn more about ticketing options, contact the box office at 352-236-2274.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit the Ocala Civic Theatre’s website.