CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion, in partnership with the Ocala Human Resources Management Association, will host The Heart of HR: Motivate Innovate Cultivate conference on Tuesday, March 7 at the World Equestrian Center’s Expo Center 1.
The event will feature a full day of sessions designed to help businesses leverage the value of their staff, learn about the state of the workforce and trends that impact the region, understand the latest employment law and how it affects businesses, and discover HR best practices to recruit and retain employees.
On the day of the conference, doors will open at 7:30 a.m. for networking, vendor visits, and a light breakfast. The program will then be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and lunch will be provided to attendees.
“The Heart of HR is ideal for employers, community leaders and hiring managers who are faced with finding and retaining a strong workforce during an era of historically low unemployment,” stated Dale French, CareerSource CLM’s executive vice president and conference co-chair.
The conference will feature Jon Petz, an internationally acclaimed humorist, best-selling author, and world-class magician. Petz will kick off the day with a presentation titled “Creating Significance in the Heart of HR.”
During the event, additional speakers will take the stage:
- Mary Cheddie (SHRM-SCP, the Society of HR Management’s East Divisional director) will discuss: “The Heart of a Leader.”
- Chris Laney (PhD, labor economist and workforce strategist for Lightcast) will discuss: “Bridging the Gap in Our Labor Force.”
- Renea Peterson (leadership consultant for RPLLC) will discuss: “Navigating Toxic Behavior in the Workplace.”
- Alex Desrosiers (Fisher Phillips associate attorney; Jay Morgan-Schleuning, strategic advisor for Authentic Reputations, and president of the Florida Public Relations Association) and Alexis Mootoo (PhD, founder/owner of AlexHarrison, LLC., and associate vice president at the University of South Florida) will discuss: “What’s the Big IDEA? Understanding Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility in the Workplace.”
- Kate Shockey (SHRM-CP, PHR, engagement specialist) will discuss: “The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Ethics of HR.”
New to this year’s conference is the Heart of HR After Dark reception with Petz, which will take place on Monday, March 6, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the World Equestrian Center’s Pickle’s Terrace.
Ticket options are available for the conference only ($175), as well as for the conference and reception ($200). Tickets purchased at the door will cost $200.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit The Heart of HR conference’s webpage.
The World Equestrian Center’s Expo Center 1 is located at 1390 NW 80th Avenue in Ocala.