A modern romance set in rural Ireland will make its debut on the Ocala Civic Theatre stage this week.
The upcoming play, “Outside Mullingar,” tells the story of two neighbors, Anthony Reilly and Rosemary Muldoon, who share a long and tempestuous history together. A land feud has divided their families for years over their adjoining cattle farms, which are located just outside of Mullingar, according to Ocala Civic Theatre.
Both single and no longer young, Anthony and Rosemary yearn for happiness. As they face troubles within their respective families, they will be forced to confront their own futures and what they truly want.
The first performance of “Outside Mullingar” will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 2 at the Ocala Civic Theatre, which is located at 4337 E Silver Springs Boulevard. Additional performances are also scheduled on the following dates:
- Friday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 5 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 12 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m. (American Sign Language Performance – contact the box office to reserve an ASL area if needed).
- Friday, March 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m.
Tickets cost $30 for adults (ages 19 and older) and $15 for anyone ages 18 and younger.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit the Ocala Civic Theatre’s website.