Local youth between the ages of 16 and 19 have until the end of the month to submit an application for the Ocala Future Leaders Academy.
The city’s summer youth employment program is designed to create on-the-job-training in preparation for future roles within the organization. It is open to all Ocala residents ages 16 to 19, and a total of 25 applicants will be chosen to participate in this year’s academy.
According to the city, training seminars will focus on personal and professional growth, financial literacy, and technical job skills and certification. Each participant will be assigned a mentor to assist with learning job assignments, improving interpersonal skills, and enhancing self-confidence.
This is a paid program and participants are expected to work 20 to 25 hours per week. Any participants in need of transportation assistance will be provided a SunTran bus pass that will be valid for the duration of the program.
The program overview is as follows:
- Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed via Zoom in April.
- Selected applicants will be notified in May.
- Paid training will be held from Monday, June 5 through Friday, June 16.
- Department work assignments will begin on Monday, June 19 and will run through Friday, July 28.
- The hourly rate is $15.
Applications may be submitted online in the employment section of the City of Ocala’s website.
For more information, contact the City of Ocala Human Resources Department at 352-629-8359.