The Ocala Symphony Orchestra’s popular Symphony Under the Stars concert will return to the Ocala Golf Club on Mother’s Day.
The family-friendly event will take place on Sunday, May 14, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Ocala Golf Club located at 3130 E Silver Springs Boulevard in Ocala. The gates will open at 3 p.m., and an opening act will take the stage at 5 p.m. to entertain the crowd.
The Ocala Symphony Orchestra’s concert will begin at 7 p.m., and attendees will be treated to the following setlist:
- Back to the Future Suite – Alan Silvestri.
- A Tribute to Henry Mancini – Calvin Custer.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Klaus Badelt.
- Themes from 007 – arranged by Calvin Custer.
- Hollywood Blockbusters – James Horner.
- Beauty and the Beast – Alan Menken.
- My Fair Lady – Frederick Loewe.
- Harry Potter Symphonic Suite – John Williams.
- Moon River – Henry Mancini.
- Music from Aladdin – Alan Menken.
- Star Trek Through the Years – arranged by Calvin Custer.
- Stars and Stripes Forever – John Philip Sous.
At 8:45 p.m., the Symphony Under the Stars concert will conclude with fireworks.
Tickets for adults (ages 18 and up) cost $20.00 in advance or $25.00 at the gate. Admission is free for anyone ages 17 or younger.
Concert attendees may bring food and beverages. Plenty of food vendors will also be on site, including Big Lee’s – Serious About Barbecue, Cora’s Kitchen Food Truck, Impact Island Cafe, The Krafty Kettle, and Kona Ice Ocala.
The venue will sell beer and wine, and there will be chairs available for rent. Chairs must be rented before the event, and they can be ordered when purchasing a ticket.
No tents, big umbrellas, grills, or pets are allowed, but picnic-related items are permissible (food, water, soft drinks, beer and wine, chairs, tables, blankets, and flashlights).
Fine Arts for Ocala is in need of volunteers to assist with the event. Those who are interested in volunteering can click here to sign up.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit the Fine Arts for Ocala “Symphony Under the Stars” webpage.