A dog was rescued by Ocala firefighters on Thursday morning after a fire ignited inside a local residence.
According to Ocala Fire Rescue, firefighters from the b-shift responded to the 1900 block of NW 6th Street in reference to a fire in a nearby residential structure. Firefighters entered the home and observed that the flames were confined to a single room and an adjacent hallway.
While inside the residence, firefighters located a dog, and they brought the pet outside to administer oxygen, according to OFR.
Thanks to the quick actions of the firefighters, the dog was saved. “All dogs may go to heaven, but we’re so glad this one got to stay and play,” stated OFR on its Facebook page.
Besides the “doggy scare,” Ocala Fire Rescue stated that there were no injuries reported. No further details were provided regarding the cause of the fire.