The Ocala Arts Festival is returning to downtown Ocala this fall, and the organization running the event is looking for volunteers.
Fine Arts For Ocala (FAFO) will host the 55th installment of the festival on Saturday, October 22, and Sunday, October 23, 2022. During last year’s two-day event, thousands of visitors hit the streets of downtown Ocala.
According to FAFO, volunteers are needed to fill various roles on both days of the festival, including:
- Event setup (ages 18 and up): Helps with all aspects of setting up the festival. Helpers should be prepared to lift, carry, and set up signs, wire standards, student art, banners, chairs, and similar lightweight objects.
- Parking/Barricade Attendant (ages 18 and up): Helps admit artists who have checked in through the road barricade at their assigned location so that the artists can set up their booth, and redirects non-event traffic around the event zone.
- Helpers (ages 18 and up): Helps with all aspects of setting up the festival. Helpers should be prepared to lift, carry, and assist in all the different areas that they are needed.
- Info Kiosk Attendant (middle school students and older): Speaks to the public and answers questions abut the location of event areas, such as the restrooms, food courts, and entertainment areas. Helpers also distribute event brochures to participants.
- Beer and Wine Tent (ages 21 and up): Helps sell beer and wine to festival guests.
- Helpers and Clean-up (ages 18 and up): Helps with all needs that arise throughout the festival and cleans up around the downtown area by picking up litter.
- Parking Attendant (ages 18 and up): Helps admit event attendees to the festival.
- Children’s Art Assistant (ages 18 and up): Works with representatives from the Appleton Museum to provide an art activity for children during the festival.
- Event Breakdown (high school students and older): Helps with all aspects of breaking down and cleaning up after the festival. Helpers should be prepared to lift, carry, and gather signs, banners, chairs, and similar lightweight objects.
For more information on the volunteer opportunities, or to sign up, visit the FAFO Ocala Arts Festival 2022 volunteer signup webpage.