Ocala Fire Rescue has kicked off its annual holiday donation drive, and fire stations across the city are serving as collection sites for food, toiletries, baby items, and toys that will benefit local charities and food banks.
Here is a list of items that are being accepted during the donation drive:
- Canned items (meats, fruits, vegetables, and soup).
- Dry goods (pasta, rice, dried beans, and cereal).
- Other non-perishables (fruit cups, juice boxes, peanut butter, and crackers).
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrushes).
- Baby items (baby food, diapers, and wipes).
- New, unwrapped toys in their original packaging.
According to Ocala Fire Rescue, donations will be accepted through Friday, December 9 at the following drop-off locations in Ocala:
- Fire Station #1 – 505 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
- Fire Station #2 – 2701 SE 36th Avenue.
- Fire Station #3 – 320 NE 8th Avenue.
- Fire Station #4 – 3300 SW 20th Street.
- Fire Station #5 – 2340 NE 25th Avenue.
- Fire Station #6 – 5220 SW 50th Court.
- Fire Station #7 – 885 SE 31st Street.
For more information on this holiday donation drive, please call Ocala Fire Rescue’s administration office at 352-629-8306.