CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion will host its 11th annual “Paychecks for Patriots” job fair in Ocala on Thursday, November 9 as part of a statewide effort to connect Florida’s veterans with employment opportunities.
The free job fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Marion County Public Library Headquarters located at 2720 E Silver Springs Boulevard in Ocala. While “Paychecks for Patriots” is open to all job seekers, priority will be given to veterans and active service members as well as their military families.
Local employers will be in attendance with immediate jobs to fill. Henry Ayala, retired U.S. Army and a local veteran employment representative for CareerSource CLM, stated that these employers all value the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are developed during military service.
In addition to a variety of “veteran friendly” businesses such as Fidelity Manufacturing, Right at Home Nature Coast, and the Citrus Board of County Commissioners, “Paychecks for Patriots” features:
- A free job fair preparation clinic on Monday, October 30, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the CareerSource CLM career center in Marion County (2703 NW 14th Street in Ocala). The center’s Clothes Closet will also be open at no charge for those who are interested in selecting attire for the job fair.
- In partnership with SunTran, bus fare tokens for veterans in need of transportation to and from the event will be available starting on Monday, October 30. These tokens will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at the following locations:
- Ocala Ritz Veterans Village (111 NE 12th Avenue in Ocala).
- Marion County Veterans Services Office (2730 E Silver Springs Boulevard, Suite 100 in Ocala).
- Silver Springs Shores VFW Post 4493 (11100 SE Maricamp Road in Candler).
- CareerSource CLM’s career center in Marion County (2703 NW 14th Street in Ocala).
CareerSource CLM’s “Paychecks for Patriots,” along with similar hiring events held throughout the month in other CareerSource Florida regions, is presented in partnership with the Florida National Guard, Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, and FloridaCommerce, formerly the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
The local job fair is supported by SunTran, Inverness-based BIVOUAC Veteran’s News, and the Marion County Public Library System.
Those who are unable to attend the “Paychecks for Patriots” job fair may apply for open positions online. An employment portal containing information and resource links for Florida veterans is also available by clicking here.
Throughout the year, veterans and eligible spouses receive Priority of Service at all CareerSource CLM career centers. Fee-free services are available weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and include staff assistance, job referral and placement, resources, and other employment services.
For more information about “Paychecks for Patriots” or CareerSource CLM’s year-round Veterans Services, please call 1-800-434-JOBS (5627), ext. 2225.