Ocala Police officers are searching for a career criminal wanted in connection with a recent shooting.
Police believe 26-year-old Trevin Shaquille Jackson was involved in the shooting that took place on June 13. They are advising anyone who sees him to not approach him and instead contact the Ocala Police Department immediately at (352) 369-7000.
Jackson, who is no stranger to the Marion County legal system, was released from prison on April 7, 2018 by the Florida Department of Corrections after serving almost four years behind bars.
Prior to that, he had been held in the Marion County Jail five times since February 2012. He was arrested on Feb. 16, 2012; April 18, 2013; Sept. 13, 2013; Nov. 29, 2013 and Jan. 16, 2014. During those arrests, he faced charges of:
- Outstanding warrants for criminal mischief, burglary of a conveyance, resisting arrest without violence, domestic battery and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon;
- Possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Possession of cocaine;
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer;
- Operating a motor vehicle without a valid license;
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
- Driving with license suspended or revoked (second offense);
- Resisting without violence;
- Fleeing/eluding a law enforcement officer at a high rate of speed;
- Leaving the scene of a crash with property damage;
- Aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer;
- Warrants for failure to appear in court on charges of driving while license suspended and operating a motor vehicle without a valid license; and
- A bench warrant for driving with license suspended or revoked.