Intermittent lane closures can be expected in Marion County during the upcoming months.
Those closures, from Feb. 3-June 30, will allow equipment to maneuver within the county’s rights-of-way as Sumter Electric Cooperative trims trees along overhead power lines.
Residents within the boundaries of Oxford Heights and Virmillion Estates will experience intermittent lane closures. Motorists traveling on the following roadways also should be aware of the planned closures:
- County Road 475, from SE 170th Street to SE 160th Street
- SE 19th Court, from SE 175th Street to County Road 42
- SE 21st Avenue, from CR 42 north to the cul-de-sac in Diamond Rio Ranches
- CR 42, from S Hwy. 475 to U.S. 301
- SE 47th Avenue, from CR 42 to SE 150th Street
- SE 58th Avenue, from SE 177th Terrace to CR 42
Crews will place barricades and signs to direct traffic through the work zones. Travelers should expect delays and use alternate routes when possible. Adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances may affect schedules.
For more information, contact the Office of the County Engineer at (352) 671-8686.