The City of Ocala has put out a call to artists for the “Art in City Spaces” exhibition program.
The City is seeking art exhibitions in various mediums that are appropriate for a municipal public space where work will be viewed by citizens and guests of all ages. Proposals are being accepted for three exhibition spaces:
- City Hall First Floor Lobby, 110 S.E. Watula Ave.;
- Recreation and Parks Administration Building Conference Room and Eighth Avenue Adult Activity Center, 828 N.E. Eighth Ave.; and
- Barbara Gaskin Washington Adult Activity Center, 210 N.W. 12th Ave.
Ocala’s “Art in City Spaces” program provides the opportunity for artists and art organizations to exhibit their work in a municipal public space. Interested parties must apply and be approved before an exhibition is scheduled.
Applications are available online by clicking HERE. The application, artist’s resume, artist’s statement and three high-quality image files should be sent to:
- City of Ocala, Recreation and Parks Department
- Attention: Cultural Arts
- 828 N.E. 8th Avenue Ocala, FL 34470
- Phone: (352) 629-8447
- Email: [email protected]
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Viewer engagement, originality of concepts, use of media and technique are all considered during the review process.
For more information, or to view the complete criteria, contact the Cultural Arts Office at 352-629-8447 or [email protected].