On Top of the World has received 3,500 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations for its residents.
The effort is in collaboration with the state and Marion County emergency management departments and the Florida National Guard. The community reached out to State Rep. Joe Harding and State Sen. Dennis Baxley and was soon contacted by a State Emergency Management representative who set up the logistics of getting the vaccine into the community.
“On Top of the World Communities is proud to be involved in Ocala/Marion County’s aid to combat COVID,” says Circle Square Cultural Center General Manager Jo Layman. “We are committed to assisting in every way possible to bring the vaccine to all eligible citizens.
Master the Possibilities, the community’s not-for-profit Lifelong Learning Center, under the leadership of Michelle Shideler is handling all appointments. Layman provided the vaccination location at the Circle Square Cultural Center Portico vehicle drive-through at 8395 S.W. 80th St. in Ocala.
Vaccines are being administered Friday-Sunday and the second appointment will be March 25-27. The Department of Health in Marion County and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office’s Emergency Management Team will assist with backfilling any appointments so no vaccine goes to waste.
Important items to note:
- You must have a prearranged appointment to get a vaccine or you will be turned away.
- Per Department of Health guidelines, if you are sick with COVID-19, do not get the vaccine.
- Those with appointments will be required to have a photo ID to verify identity and age at the time of visit.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times during your appointment.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment or you will be turned away.
- Golf carts are not allowed.