The First Friday Art Walk is returning to downtown Ocala this week.
The City of Ocala Cultural Arts Division will restart its popular First Friday Art Walk on Friday, September 2, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The following activities will be included in September’s event:
- Hands-on art activities and demonstrations for all ages provided by local nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.
- Local artists selling their works throughout downtown.
- Extended hours at participating businesses.
- Buskers (musicians) stationed throughout the downtown area, including My Uncle’s Friend and Sean T Music.
- A live musical performance on the Downtown Square by Ecliff Telford.
Downtown Ocala will host an art walk event on the first Friday of each month, beginning this week and running through May 2023. These events are free and open to the public.
In the event of inclement weather, the First Friday Art Walk will be cancelled.