Motorists can expect temporary road closures on SW 59th Lane, SW Azalea Court, and SW Ivy Place in Rainbow Lakes Estates, beginning on Monday, April 3 through Friday, June 30.
The following roads will be temporarily closed on various dates from April to June:
- SW 59th Lane, from SW 202nd Court to Addison Road.
- SW 59th Lane, from SW 207th Court to SW 206th Avenue.
- SW Azalea Court, from SW 59th Lane to SW Audubon Avenue.
- SW Azalea Court, from SW Great Lakes Boulevard to SW Beach Boulevard.
- SW Azalea Court, from SW Cardinal Avenue to SW Beach Boulevard.
- SW Ivy Place, from SW Marine Boulevard to SW Anchor Boulevard.
- SW Ivy Place, from SW Neptune Boulevard to SW Mango Lane.
Duke Energy Florida’s subcontractor will be replacing aged wood structures with light duty steel poles. Equipment and personnel will be in the county right-of-way.
Crews will place barricades and signs to detour traffic around the work zones. Drivers should expect delays and use alternate routes when possible. The road will be passable for local traffic only.
Adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances may affect schedules.
For more information, contact the Marion County Office of the County Engineer at 352-671-8686.