Grease fire erupts inside kitchen at Belleview fast-food eatery

Multiple crews from Marion County Fire Rescue responded to a call of a commercial structure fire at a fast-food restaurant in Belleview on Wednesday morning.

Crews from Marion County Fire Rescue were called to the Burger King in Belleview on Wednesday morning after a grease fire broke out in the fast-food restaurant’s kitchen.

A 911 caller reported that grease was smoking and then caught fire inside the Burger King, located at 5609 SE Abshier Blvd. When firefighters from Belleview Station 18 arrived a short time later, they found smoke coming from the roof of the eatery, a report says.

Firefighters quickly deployed hose lines and made entry into the restaurant’s kitchen. A truck company from Spruce Creek Station 30 arrived and utilized its aerial to access to the roof. Firefighters then quickly extinguished the blaze, which was located near the fryers.

The fire remains under investigation by the fire marshal. It was unclear what the restaurant’s hours would be going forward, but its phone system wasn’t working late Wednesday afternoon.

Marion County firefighters found smoke coming from the roof of the Burger King in Belleview on Wednesday morning after a 911 caller reported a grease fire inside the eatery.