Marion County Public Schools is taking buses directly to areas where drivers are needed the most during a hiring event scheduled later this month.
‘Bus Blitz 2’ is scheduled on Tuesday, January 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. MCPS will drive and park school buses at the following strategic locations to sign up residents who are interested in becoming bus drivers:
- College of Central Florida (3001 SW College Road in Ocala).
- Liberty Middle School (4773 SW 95th Street in Ocala).
- Madison Street Academy of Arts (401 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue in Ocala).
- Marion Oaks Community Center (294 Marion Oaks Lane in Ocala).
- North Marion High School (151 W Highway 329 in Citra).
During this hiring event, anyone interested in becoming a bus driver can ask questions, learn more about working for the school district, and fill out an online application.
MCPS bus drivers earn a starting pay of $15.65 per hour with six guaranteed hours each day, and anyone over the age of 21 with a clean driving record is eligible.
The school district pays candidates during training and covers training costs, with the exception of the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exam.
All bus drivers receive paid health insurance, earn accrued time off, and are eligible for additional benefits. They are also able to sign up for temporary positions with fewer work hours or full-time positions with the potential to earn overtime.
For more information, or to apply online, visit the Marion County Public Schools careers website.