The recent generosity of community members has resulted in just under $20,000 worth of donations to multiple public schools in Marion County.
These donations will be presented to the Marion County School Board for acceptance and approval during its regular meeting on Tuesday, March 22.
With approval from the school board members, the various donations totaling $19,980.20 will benefit the following schools:
- $1,000.00 to the athletic department at Belleview High School (10400 SE 36th Avenue in Belleview) to help with maintenance of the school’s athletic fields, courts, and equipment.
- $1,000.00 to East Marion Elementary School (14550 NE 14th Street Road in Silver Springs) to be used for student and teacher incentives.
- $1,500.00 to Hillcrest Public School (3143 SE 17th Street in Ocala) to be placed in the Equine Therapy Program to be spent on supplies and equipment for the Hillcrest Riding program.
- $11,664.00 to North Marion High School (151 W Highway 329 in Citra) to be used to fund general needs for the softball program.
- $2,491.20 to West Port High School (3733 SW 80th Avenue in Ocala) to be used at the discretion of the track coach.
- $2,325.00 to West Port High School (3733 SW 80th Avenue in Ocala) to be used for travel expenses, food, awards, competition expenses, and any other fees deemed necessary by the Skills USA club sponsor.
The Marion County School Board meets at 5:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the School Board Meeting Room located at 512 SE 3rd Street in Ocala.