83.4 F
Ocala
Saturday, October 1, 2022

Marion Cultural Alliance inviting artists, makers to submit works for fall/winter consignment

The Marion Cultural Alliance is now accepting entries from local artists and makers for The Shop at the Brick’s fall/winter consignment, which will run from October 2022 through January 2023.

MCA is seeking a variety of unique and hand-crafted items to add to its seasonally curated gallery shop at the Brick City Center for the Arts, which is located at 23 SW Broadway Street in Ocala.

In order to showcase Marion County’s creativity, MCA is looking for fine arts and artisan crafts that include, but are not limited to, the following: creative original paintings, drawings, photographs, jewelry, ceramics, glass, wood, metal, artist-made notecards, reproduction prints, textiles, handmade wearables, home decor items, holiday items, uniquely Ocala items, and more.

To be eligible, all participating artists and makers must be active MCA artist members, and they have until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2022, to submit up to 10 items for consideration.

According to MCA, items will then be carefully selected by its Gallery Committee, which will evaluate each submission with an eye for quality, representation of the area, broad retail appeal, and price.

All of the selected items will be available for purchase at the gallery shop, with 70% of the proceeds going to the artist and the remaining 30% supporting MCA’s mission of championing the arts in Marion County.

For more information on the gallery shop’s guidelines, or to submit an item for consideration, please visit the Marion Cultural Alliance ‘Calls to Artists’ webpage.

Anyone with specific questions should contact the Marion Cultural Alliance via email at: [email protected].