The City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department will host four summer camps June 1 through July 30.
Summer camp program offerings will be as follows:
- Lily’s Leaping summer camp at Lillian F. Bryant Community Center, 2200 NW 17th Pl.;
- City Kids summer camp at E.D. Croskey Recreation Center, 1510 NW Fourth St.;
- Junior and senior summer camp at Discovery Center, 701 NE Sanchez Ave.; and
- Junior Historians summer camp at Fort King National Historic Landmark, 3925 E. Fort King St.
City Kids and Lily’s Leaping summer camps will offer a new fun theme each week. Discovery Center summer camps provide opportunities for curious young scientists to learn more about the world around them. Junior Historians summer camp will explore local history and nature with young adventurers.
Detailed information about each camp, including how to register, can be found at www.ocalafl.org/summercamp. Fees and participant ages vary per program. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following safety precautions will be in effect for day camp operations:
- Guidelines for drop-off and pick-up protocols must be observed by all participants;
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted to enter the buildings;
- Temperature and health screenings at drop-off;
- Where practical, children will be seated six feet apart and groups will be limited to 10 or less; and
- All children and staff will be required to wear cloth face coverings.
Camp registration begins Monday, March 1 for city residents. General registration for non-residents opens Thursday, April 1. Parents or guardians can register online via ActiveNet or by phone. Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, please call the City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department at (352) 368-5517.