The First Friday Art Walk will kick off its 2023-2024 season in downtown Ocala next week with activities, live music, and a flash mob.
The City of Ocala Cultural Arts Division’s popular art walk event will be held on Friday, October 6, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The following activities will be included:
- Hands-on art activities and demonstrations for all ages provided by local nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.
- Local artists selling their works throughout downtown.
- Extended hours at participating businesses.
- Live zombie flash mob performance by The Arts District.
- Buskers (musicians) stationed throughout the downtown area, including Diorella Dailey, My Uncle’s Friend, Prestine Allen, and Sean T Music.
- A live musical performance on the Downtown Square featuring Ecliff.
Downtown Ocala will host an art walk event on the first Friday of each month, beginning next week and running through May 2024. These events are free and open to the public.
In the event of inclement weather, the First Friday Art Walk will be canceled.