Superintendent Dr. Diane Gullett recently announced new principal leaders at multiple schools throughout Marion County.
The administrative leadership changes, which were approved by members of the Marion County School Board, are listed below:
- Anthony Elementary School (9501 NE Jacksonville Road in Anthony): Gay Street moves here from Sparr Elementary. She replaces Matt Johnson, who moves to North Marion Middle.
- Dr. N.H. Jones Elementary School (1900 SW 5th Street in Ocala): Rob Hensel moves here from Harbour View Elementary. He replaces Jennifer Houle, who moves to Romeo Elementary.
- East Marion Elementary School (14550 NE 14th Street Road in Silver Springs): Sarah Dobbs becomes a first-time principal here, moving from assistant principal at Oakcrest Elementary School. She replaces Deborah Borge-Schaffer.
- Forest High School (5000 SE Maricamp Road in Ocala): Lamar Rembert transfers here from Howard Middle School. He replaces Elizabeth Brown, who retired from MCPS after seven years with the district.
- Fort King Middle School (545 NE 17th Avenue in Ocala): Michael Carter becomes a first-time principal here, moving from assistant principal at North Marion Middle. He replaces Gary Smallridge, who moves to Marion Technical College.
- Harbour View Elementary School (8445 SE 147th Place in Summerfield): Joy Baxley moves here from Wyomina Park Elementary School. She replaces Rob Hensel, who moves to Dr. N.H. Jones Elementary.
- Howard Middle School (1655 NW 10th Street in Ocala): Suzette Parker moves here from Romeo Elementary, replacing Lamar Rembert, who moves to Forest High School.
- Lake Weir Middle School (10220 SE Sunset Harbor Road in Summerfield): Jason Jacobs becomes a first-time principal here, moving from assistant principal at Vanguard High School. He replaces Dr. Jamie North.
- Marion Technical College (1014 SW 7th Road in Ocala): Gary Smallridge moves here from Fort King Middle School. He replaces Mike Kelly, who retired from MCPS after 30 years of service.
- North Marion Middle School (2085 W Highway 329 in Citra): Matt Johnson moves here from Anthony Elementary. He replaces David Ellers, who retired from the district after 31 years with MCPS.
- Romeo Elementary School (19550 SW 36th Street in Dunnellon): Jennifer Houle moves here from Dr. N.H. Jones Elementary. She replaces Suzette Parker, who moves to Howard Middle School.
- Shady Hill Elementary School (5959 S Magnolia Avenue in Ocala): Dr. Anna Streater-Mcallister becomes a first-time principal from coordinator in the district’s Title One Department. She replaces Deb Riedl, who moves to the district level as director of Elementary Curriculum, Instruction, and Digital Learning.
- Sparr Elementary School (2525 E Highway 329 in Anthony): Rene Johnson advances to become a first-time principal from her current assistant principal position at the same school. She replaces Gay Street, who moves to Anthony Elementary School.
- Wyomina Park Elementary School (511 NE 12th Avenue in Ocala): Victoria Hunt becomes a first-time principal here, replacing Joy Baxley, who moves to Harbour View Elementary School.
For more information, please contact the MCPS Public Relations Office.